Academic Counseling April Update
April has arrived! Here are some updates to share with your student(s).
Important upcoming academic dates and deadlines:
- Early Registration for Fall 2019 is April 15 -- 30. Students are required to meet with their faculty advisors to have advising holds removed prior to their registration dates and times.
- April 24 is the last day to withdraw from a spring 2019 class without a grade of F.
- Spring 2019 classes end on May 17.
- May 20 is a study day. Encourage your student to plan ahead and use their time wisely for a successful finals week. Here are some tips on how to plan for study day and final exam week.
- Final exams are May 21 – 24.
Other helpful suggestions as spring semester concludes:
Students who have completed 48+ credits are encouraged to officially declare their academic major. The major declaration form should be completed and submitted to the academic department of the major. The major declaration process includes a faculty advisor assignment in the major department.
It’s always a good idea for students to create, update and check a four-year graduation plan. Academic counselors are available for these consultations on an ongoing basis.
The Center for Student Achievement website includes a helpful timeline of overall suggestions that help students stay on track every year of their enrollment. Check it out!