To be eligible for any type of employment you must maintain continuous and lawful F-1 status. Students in F-1 status may begin working on campus once they have completed a document check with an advisor at ISS. This is generally done as part of international student orientation.

Information on Employment Regulations

Immigration Information

It is your responsibility to maintain F-1 student status, and the details of such status are outlined in your I-20. That information, along with the guidelines in this sections, should help you maintain your immigration status while in the U.S.

More immigration information for F-1 students


Who needs to file taxes? Everyone, including you!

All nonimmigrants (including persons on F-1, J-1, H-1, J-2 and F-2 status) who have earned income in the U.S. or received a scholarship from a U.S. source (including UST) are required by law to file Federal and State income tax forms with the Internal Revenue Service by April 15 for the previous year. Read more...

Travel Regulations

Students should consult their Designated School Official (DSO) prior to traveling.
Information on Travel Regulations