Future Visiting Scholars
Are you interested in teaching or doing research at the University of St. Thomas?
- Contact the academic department or college in which you would like to teach or do research.
- Once an arrangement is made, confirm the dates and the purpose of your visit.
- The UST Department will request a DS-2019 from International Student Services (so that you can apply for your J-1 visa).
- The DS-2019 and other important information about UST will be sent to you so that you can apply for the visa.
- Upon arrival in St. Paul, check-in with International Student Services and receive a J-1 scholar orientation.
For UST Departments: Inviting a J-1 scholar to UST
Before entering the United States, a visiting Scholar / Professor must obtain a “J-1” visa from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. The form below must be submitted to our office in order to issue a “Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status”.
For a Request for Certificate of Eligibility for J-1 International Visitor, please click here.