Immigration Information

To maintain your immigration status, J-1 Scholars must conduct the academic activities (teaching, research, etc.) that are listed on their DS-2019. Only employment as noted on the J-1 Scholar’s DS-2019 is allowed in the U.S.

More immigration information for J-1 scholars

Future Visiting Scholars

Are you interested in teaching or doing research at the University of St. Thomas? Click here to find out more.



Who needs to file taxes? Everyone, including you!

All nonimmigrants (including persons on F-1, J-1, H-1, J-2 and F-2 status) who have earned income in the U.S. or received a scholarship from a U.S. source (including UST) are required by law to file Federal and State income tax forms with the Internal Revenue Service by April 15 for the previous year. Read more...

Travel Regulations

Students should consult their Designated School Official (DSO) prior to traveling.
Information on Travel Regulations