Global Tommies Program
The mission of the Global Tommies Program is to build a strong connection between the St. Thomas community and international students through cultural exchange.
- Helping you build a friendship that bridges between difference
- Giving you a chance to experience the perspective of others on what is important to you
- International and Domestic Students at the University of St. Thomas
OISS and the office of Study Abroad will collaborate to invite Domestic and International student on a special overnight trip called the Global Tommies Excursion. This excursion will give you chance to partner with students that are different than you. During the excursion, we will engage in intercultural activities that will improve your ability to communicate and work with others. Once the overnight is over, we will invite you to continue the relationship with your new partners throughout the year and go to events together!
2017 Dates: October 20th and 21st
Details about the Global Tommies Excursion 2017:
- The 2017 Global Tommies Excursion will be at the Audubon Center in Sandstone, MN.
- The excursion is an overnight experience from 4:30pm on October 20th to 4:30pm on October 21st
- The excursion is free, sponsored by the Office of International Students & Scholars and the Office of Study Abroad
- We will be departing from the university at 4:30pm on Friday, October 20th. We will arrive at the location a little before 6:00pm.
- We will be returning to the university between 4:00pm and 4:30pm, Saturday October 21st.
- Dinner will be included, as well as breakfast and lunch the next day.
- Linens, pillows, and towels will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own stuff if you wish. Please bring warm clothes in case it gets cold!
- Everyone gets a free Global Tommies Sweatshirt!