Spring Orientation and Activities:
OISS is looking forward to welcoming you to our campus community. Our team is ready to walk you through the process of starting your life at St. Thomas and making sure you are ready for success! All our programs in the Fall will adhere to strict social distancing regulations to protect your safety.
The first step is to explore our Orientation Checklist (updates coming soon). You will find in any plenty of information on how to be ready!
Orientation Week is the week of January 25, 2021. That is the week our staff will be on-campus to welcome you. Explore the full schedule (updates coming soon).
Here is what you can expect at orientation:
- Immigration Check-in with OISS (Online/In-Person): You will meet with an OISS advisor for immigration purposes as well as discuss any specific questions you have. We will also be able to meet us in person every morning of that orientation week! (
- Placement Exams (Online): Certain undergraduate students will need to take placement exams. Communicate with your academic advisors to see if you need to take one.
- Course Registration(Online): Meet your academic advisor and finalize your course schedule.
- Campus Tour & ID Card: Provides the opportunity to learn more about the campus and receive your St. Thomas ID Card.
- Orientation Program (Online): Learn about campus resources, health services, academic expectations, immigration regulations, and life at St. Thomas.
- Social Events: Your International Orientation Leaders will plan special events throughout the week to help you meet others!
Parents, guardians, family, and loved ones of graduate students are welcome and encouraged to attend orientation. We realize the transition to a university can be a big change for the entire family. If you plan on attending orientation please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
The Parent Resource website contains a great deal of additional information for parents and family of St. Thomas students.