Fall Orientation and Activities: August 27-31, 2018
Sample Schedule (subject to change)
The week of orientation is your time to adjust to St. Thomas as well as meet new students and attend certain events. Orientation is REQUIRED by ALL NEW students to St. Thomas. Every new student will receive a personalized schedule.
Here is what you can expect at orientation:
- Immigration Check-in with OISS: You will meet with an OISS advisor for immigration purposes as well as discuss any specific questions you have.
- TB Screenings & Immunizations: All new St. Thomas students must meet with Health Services to submit your immunization records and obtain a TB screening.
- Placement Exams: Certain undergraduate students will need to take the English, Math and Chemistry Placement Exam.
- Course Registration: Meet your academic advisor and finalize your course schedule.
- Campus Tour & ID Card: Provides opportunity to learn more about the campus and receive your St. Thomas ID Card.
- Orientation Program: Learn about campus resources, health services, academic expectations, immigration regulations, and life at St. Thomas.
- Social Events: Your International Orientation Leaders will plan special events throughout the week that allow you to explore the Twin Cities and meet new people!
Fall Semester Orientation
Orientation is REQUIRED by ALL NEW students to St. Thomas.
Use the Graduate Academic Department Contacts list to connect with your academic department.
Parents, guardians, family, and loved ones of graduate students are welcome and encouraged to attend orientation. We realize the transition to a university can be a big change for the entire family. If you plan on attending orientation please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parent Resource website contains a great deal of additional information for parents and family of St. Thomas students.