Your Office 365 Account
With Office 365 you can take your account with you wherever you go. Work the way that works best for you!
Access your account from the web, on your personal laptop, or mobile device! Store your files and setup your email in a breeze so you can get to being productive faster.
From the Web
Office 365 apps are all conveniently located in our cloud-based environment. Open a web browser and login at office365.stthomas.edu.
Work on your Personal Devices
All faculty, staff, and students may download the full Office suite for their personal use on up to 5 computers, including PC and Mac. St. Thomas members can also use Office mobile apps on iPhones, Android, and Windows phones or tablets.
This service is free and available while active members at the university. Once you have left the University, your Microsoft Office subscription will end. Learn how to install these desktop or mobile apps with our instructions below.
- Login to Office 365.
- From the home navigation under the section to "Install Office on more devices", click on the Install link.
- Click Install Office Apps to open the dropdown menu
- Select Office 2016
- When you click Install, the installer will download and run.
- Once the installer begins to run, Click Next to advance through the steps. You will be asked to agree to Microsoft’s license agreement. Meanwhile the Office suite will install in the background.
- You will have the option to change the theme of your Office suite. Pick whatever your heart desires from the menu.
- As the background installer progresses you will have the option to take a tour of the suite. If you are unfamiliar with Microsoft Office you should take advantage of this feature.
- Once the installer is finished, it will take another minute or two to wrap up the install. You should be able to use the Office suite once it is complete.
*The software should be pre-activated, so there is no need for a product key or activation of any kind. Verify you are logged in with your UST email@example.com and associated password.
- Login to Office 365
- Click on "Install Office apps" from the upper-right corner
- Select Office 2016
- The file will automatically begin to download
(Note: If the installer does not open automatically, locate the .dmg file in your Downloads folder; double click the file to open it.)
- A new window will appear. Follow the instructions within the Installer by clicking Continue.
- Click continue again under the License section.
- Click Install in the Installation Type section.
- If your computer is set up to prompt you for administrator credentials, please type them in at this stage.
- Wait for Microsoft Office for Mac 2016 to install. Do not shut down your computer.
- When installation is complete, you will see this screen. Click Close. You should now see the Microsoft Office icons now in your dock along the bottom of your screen.
Setup your St. Thomas email so that you can stay informed anywhere you go.
ITS mail servers are configured to allow your smart phone and tablet to synchronize your email, calendar and contacts.
See instructions below for configuration of your Office 365 account on common mobile devices.
- Connect to the internet
- Locate your Settings icon
- Locate “Mail, contacts, Calendars
- Locate and click on “Add Account”
- Select the “Exchange”
- Enter your UST email address (not your vanity email eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your UST password (remember passwords expire every 120 days)
- Enter a description (e.g. St. Thomas Email)
- Click on “Next”
- Choose the options that you want to sync to this device
- Click on “Save”
- Reboot your phone
- Download and install the Outlook app
- Once installed locate and open the app
- Add your Office 365 Account
a) If there is one domain\username box, type your full email address (eg. email@example.com)
b) If there are two separate boxes for domain and username, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the username box
- Enter your UST password (Remember passwords expire every 120-days)
- Continue through the prompts
- Reboot your phone
- Please make sure that you are connected to the internet.
- From the Home screen, press the applications icon and select Email
- Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and your password
- Choose Manual Setup
- Select "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync"
- Change the Exchange server to: outlook.office365.com
- If desired, ensure Use secure connection (SSL) and Accept all SSL certificates are checked then click Next
- Press the Email Checking frequency dropdown > Select the desired frequency of sync
- Press the Amount to synchronize dropdown > Select the desired amount
- Select the desired account options (the account option is enabled if a green check mark is present)
- Send email from this account by default.
- Notify me when email arrives.
- Sync contacts from this account.
- Enter an account name and outgoing message name then touch Done.
NOTE: When you configure EAS, you will be asked to set a password for your mobile. The password must be at least 4 characters and will require reset every 120 days. The system will not let you reuse one of your previous 6 passwords and will allow you to fail no more than 10 times before disabling and wiping the device.
- On the Main Applications screen, click on Active Sync.
- Click menu.
- Select Add New Server Source.
- Enter outlook.office365.com as the server name
- Enter username: email@example.com
- Enter password: password
- Domain: mail.stthomas.edu
Contact the ITS Tech Desk at 651-962-6230 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with Office 365.