UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you’re welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries’ Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
The list below is by no means exhaustive. If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- "Retail outlook for Midwest not so jolly," KARE-TV, Dec. 2, 2008. The story cites the annual St. Thomas holiday spending survey. http://www.kare11.com/news/local/mornings/sunrise_article.aspx?storyid=530861&catid=16
- "Faith & Feminism: Women find equality in religious traditions," Minnesota Women’s Press, Nov. 26-Dec. 9, 2008. "Because they say ‘it’s important to hear women’s voices,’ a local group called Feminists in Faith has formed this fall to discover how religion enriches feminism-and vice versa. The group, which meets at the University of St. Thomas’ Luann Dummer Center for Women in St. Paul, has engaged Christian, Jewish and Muslim women trailblazers, including Dr. Corrine Carvalho, Rabbi Amy Eilberg and Dr. Fatma Reda, to lead the discussion." http://www.womenspress.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=3237
- "Business Forum: We have a stake in Detroit Three’s woes," Star Tribune, Dec. 7, 2008. Dr. Fred Zimmerman, professor emeritus of manufacturing engineering, is the author of this column. http://www.startribune.com/business/35561314.html
- "Good Question: Why Do We Give When Times Are Tough?" WCCO-TV, Dec. 1, 2008. Dr. John Tauer of the UST Psychology Department explains. http://wcco.com/goodquestion/giving.tough.times.2.877579.html
- "Making sense of health care becomes a new career," Star Tribune, Dec. 4, 2008. Business columnist Dick Youngblood, a former adjunct journalism faculty member at St. Thomas, writes about the success of one of his former students, Jean Schauer ’87, " founder and chief executive cheerleader for Schauer Global Health Inc. (SGH), a Burnsville consulting firm that helps corporate clients and their employees fight their way through the growing complexities of health care benefits." http://www.startribune.com/business/35441994.html
- "Former St. Thomas employee pleads guilty to stealing from school," Star Tribune, Dec. 8, 2008. http://www.startribune.com/local/35741564.html A followup story appeared in the print version of the Star Tribune as well as in other media outlets on Dec. 9.