UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “Dan Anderson, pioneer of the Minnesota Model for addiction treatment, dies at 81,” Star Tribune, Feb. 20, 2003. Anderson was a 1950 St. Thomas alumnus and received UST’s 2001 Distinguished Alumnus Award. http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/3663084.html
- “Dan Anderson, 1921-2003: Hazelden treatment pioneer dies at 81,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 20, 2003. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/5218948.htm
- “A new look for theology master’s program at St. Thomas-seminary,” The Catholic Spirit, Feb. 20, 2003. http://www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=861
- “St. Thomas students spend winter break hammering for the poor in Alabama,” The Catholic Spirit, Feb. 20, 2003.
- “Weekly planner,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 21, 2003.
- “Arts calendar,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 21, 2003.
- “Scoreboard,” Star Tribune, Feb. 22, 2003.
- “Business people,” Star Tribune, Feb. 23, 2003. The Minnesota/South Dakota chapter of Certified Commercial Investment Members of the National Association of Realtors elected Tom Musil a director. Musil teaches in the UST College of Business.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, Feb. 23, 2003.
- “Area men: St. Thomas clinches title,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 23, 2003. UST’s men’s basketball team won the MIAC title Saturday.
- “Area roundup,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 23, 2003. Listed are highlights of the UST women’s basketball team win over St. Olaf.
- “Review: Family deals with the death of newborn son,” Star Tribune, Feb. 24, 2003. Amy Kuebelbeck’s new book, Waiting With Gabriel, is reviewed; Kuebelbeck is married to Dr. Mark Neuzil of the UST Journalism and Mass Communications Department.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, Feb. 24, 2003.
- “MIAC women’s playoffs: Toms win in MIAC playoffs,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 25, 2003. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/5256026.htm