Programming for Faculty and Staff
Ongoing Events: Please contact the Office for Mission for details on any of the programs
- Retreat for New Faculty on Mission
- The Office for Mission in cooperation with Academic Affairs offers off-campus retreats for new faculty addressing the Mission of St. Thomas and the role that faculty play in advancing the Mission.
- Lunch Discussions for Faculty and Staff on Mission
- Three or four times a semester, the Office for Mission sponsors lunch discussions for small groups of faculty or staff on mission-related questions. Open invitations are sent out at the beginning of each semester.
- Engaging the Mission Faculty Seminars
- The Office for Mission sponsors a cohort of faculty from across the University for a once-a-month discussion through the academic year on Catholic intellectual tradition culminating in a week-long seminar in Rome the following summer.
- The Office for Mission also sponsors "Mission Discussion 2.0," a follow-up monthly discussion for faculty who have completed the Rome seminar.
- University Committee on Mission
Special Opportunities for Faculty and Staff
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities Rome Seminar
- University of San Diego Catholic Higher Education Seminar
- Boston College Catholic Higher Education Seminar
- Collegium: A Colloquy on Faith and the Intellectual Life