The University of St. Thomas media relations staff gathers and distributes university-related news and information to the St. Thomas community, media and general public.
The University of St. Thomas enjoys and encourages open and honest relations with the news media. Reporters – print, broadcast and web-based – are welcome to visit campus and to contact students, staff and faculty.
The St. Thomas media relations staff, and the university’s administration, believe that rumors often can be worse than the facts, and that attempts to suppress or artificially control bad news invariably result in negative consequences.
In the long run, it always is best to be as upfront with news you’d rather not see published as with news you are proud to see.
This approach protects the reputation and character of the university; besides, it’s simply the right thing to do.
Among the services provided by Media Relations staff:
- News release preparation and distribution to local, regional and national media
- Media relations strategies and plans
- Spokesperson training and selection
- On-campus publicity services
- Location of faculty experts for news media on a broad range of issues and topics
- Crisis/emergency communications
- Dean's list and graduation announcements for newspapers nationwide