St. Thomas magazine
The award-winning St. Thomas magazine is published three times a year. The magazine aspires to be a credible reflection of the educational mission and brand of the university, with an emphasis on academic rigor, cultural awareness and intellectual curiosity. It serves as the primary source for communicating to both our alumni and the larger community.
As the flagship publication, the magazine is delivered to nearly 100,000 alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the university. Here are some recent accolades:
- GOLD Award, Best Institution Magazine (fourth consecutive year)
- GOLD Award, Excellence in Photography: Mike Ekern
- Silver Award, Excellence in Feature Writing/Series: "Immigrant Impact" series (fall 2014)
- Bronze, Excellence in Feature Writing/Individual: "Nick and Bekka" by Jordan Osterman (spring 2015)
- First Place, Best Design: "Immigrant Impact" series (fall 2014)
- First Place, Best Profile: Father Malone story (spring 2014)
- Third Place, Best Magazine: St. Thomas (fall 2014)
The Newsroom staff also serve as editors and writers for four departmental magazines – CAS Spotlight (College of Arts and Sciences), St. Thomas Engineer (School of Engineering), St. Thomas Lawyer (School of Law) and Lumen (Catholic Studies Department).
Our editorial staff works closely with department publishers, designers and photographers to produce four-color publications that highlight the best of what St. Thomas academic divisions have to offer.
Note: In order to maintain our nonprofit mailing status, we do not accept advertising for any of our magazines. We also do not accept unsolicited freelance articles for publication.