Computers & Technology
Wireless access is available to anyone throughout the campus. Students, faculty, and staff need an active St. Thomas username and password to access the University’s encrypted network (labeled "UST") and the Library’s electronic resources. Guests to campus can choose the unencrypted network labeled "UST-Open".
Access to Electronic Resources (EZ Proxy)
Most library electronic resources are are available through a simple log in, which you are directed to automatically when you access a resource's link from our website.
Technology in the Libraries:
The Libraries have over 200 computers for student, faculty, and staff access. Most are Windows PCs, but there are 4 Apple Mac computers at the O'Shaughnessy-Frey (OSF) Library and 2 at the Keffer Library.
Computers are located on the main floor of all the St. Thomas Libraries. The Sub Level of the O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library has computers with dual monitors.
All computers have Microsoft Office, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Adobe Creative Cloud Programs are available on the following computers:
- OSF 1st floor library (On all the four corners of the table with the scanners and the Macs)
- A00073636 (Mac)
- A00073731 (Mac)
- A00071912 (PC)
- A00071917 (PC)
- Keffer library (On the PC with the scanner attached and one of the Macs)
- A00071966 (PC)
- A00073619 (Mac)
Adobe Creative Cloud consists of:
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Adobe Animate CC 2018
- Adobe Audition CC 2018
- Adobe Bridge CC 2018
- Adobe Character Animator CC 2018
- Adobe Dimension CC
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018
- Adobe ExtendScript ToolKit CC
- Adobe Extension Manager CC
- Adobe Extension Manager CS6
- Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.7
- Adobe Fuse CC (Beta)
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2018
- Adobe InCopy CC 2018
- Adobe InDesign CC 2018
- Adobe LightRoom CC
- Adobe LightRoom Classic CC
- Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2018
- Adobe Prelude CC 2018
- Adobe Premiere Pro 2018
- Adobe Speed Grade CC 2015
Black & white and color printers are available at all of the St. Thomas Libraries. Each student has a quota of $32.00 per semester to cover printing costs (b & w $.08/page, color $.50/page).
- Self-service photocopiers are available in each library.
- Four scanners are located on the Lower Level of the OSF Library.
- One scanner is located on the Main Level of the Keffer Library.
- Microform machines are located on Level 2 of the OSF Library and at the Ireland Library.
Users can also scan to email or USB using the various multi-function copiers. See ITS Scanning & Copying Instructions.
There are two assistive technology workstations located in the O’Shaughnessy-Frey and Keffer Libraries.
These workstations are available only to individuals who have been granted permission from Academic Counseling, (651) 962-6300.
These workstations provide the following visual and auditory computing enhancement software:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Kurzweil 1000
- Kurzweil 3000
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit) operating system is available only to Faculty and Staff for check-out at the Keffer and O'Shaughnessy-Frey Libraries.
- For student access to Mathematica and Minitab downloads, see the ITS student software page.
- For faculty and staff access to operating systems, Mathematica, Minitab, Microsoft Office, or other software, see ITS' faculty/staff software page.
- Headphones, external disc drives, and adapter cables are available for check-out at the Libraries circulation desks. You can also check out a Kindle ebook reader.