Research Data Services
Our Data Services Librarian (John Heintz; firstname.lastname@example.org; 651-962-4646) and your liaison librarian can provide a full suite of research data services, including:
- assistance on how to find data sets for your research or course content from within the Libraries collections or elsewhere
- evaluation of whether to acquire new data resources for the collections
- classroom instruction sessions and individual consultations for your students on finding and using data
- consultations on meeting the Data Management Planning and Open Access requirements of federal grants and other funding sources
- best practices on managing data throughout the data lifecycle
- templates for and advice on filling out DMPs by funding source
- selecting an appropriate disciplinary or local repository for housing your data
- Statistical Resources Guide: links to subscription and free web sources of statistics and data sets.
- Research Data Management Guide: more detail on RDM and our services.
STELAR Center Data Services
Our partners in STELAR can also assist with database hosting for big data research projects, statistical analysis services, and others.