Scholarship for Women's Studies Majors and Minors
The Luann Dummer Center for Women is pleased to provide an annual scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to a qualified Women’s Studies major or minor.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- Have officially declared a major or minor in Women’s Studies
- Have completed or currently be enrolled in WMST 205, Foundations of Women’s Studies
- Submit an essay, report, or project, developed in a classroom context, that addresses a Women’s Studies topic, with a cover letter that explains the value of that project or essay in light of their education in Women’s Studies
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit, in a sealed, signed envelope, a letter of support from a Women’s Studies faculty member
The review committee for this award will evaluate applications based on the student’s academic strength and the quality of the above submissions.
Applications for the scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year must be received by Dr. Liz Wilkinson, Interim Director of Women’s Studies, Mail # JRC 333, no later than March 13, 2017. For additional information, please contact Dr. Liz Wilkinson at (651) 962-5632 or by e-mail at WILK9056@stthomas.edu.