Greet Dot Training
Green Dot is informed by lessons learned from interdisciplinary research and theory on violence against women.
Date & Time:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hamline University (exact location TBA)
Hamline University will be hosting a Green Dot Institute training the week of June 16th – 19th. This training gives us the opportunity to train and certify additional Green Dot presenters for St. Thomas. The LDCW would like to personally invite you to participate in the training and to be a member of UST Green Dot next year.
Curriculum: Green Dot is informed by lessons learned from interdisciplinary research and theory on violence against women, diffusion of innovation, public health, social networking, psychology, communications, bystander dynamics, perpetration, and advertising.
Strategy: Green Dot capitalizes on the power of peer and cultural influence. The approach engages participants in proactive behaviors that establish intolerance of violence as the norm, as well as reactive interventions in high-risk situations. Take a look at Green Dot Training<http://www.livethegreendot.com/train_curriculum.html> sample videos.
Benefits: Participants of the 32-hour training are certified as trainers and receive an instructor’s manual, electronic materials, videos, logos and other materials to launch Green Dot.
Expected time commitment for UST Green Dot Involvement
• 4 day training in June to be certified as a Green Dot presenter.
• Comfort giving presentations to students and staff.
• Availability to do 2-3 overview speeches each semester – 20-30 minutes each in classrooms or to student groups.
• Participation in one bystander training a year – 6 hour training facilitated by a group of 3-4 trainers
• 1 full group meeting/semester
• Coordinating committee meets once/month – membership rotates depending on interest and availability
Training Dates: Monday June 16 – Thursday 19, 2014
Time: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm each day (certification requires attendance for the entire training)
Location: Hamline University (exact location TBA)
Cost: St. Thomas will cover cost for UST employees; $400 for non-ACTC members; (approximately $1500 if attending the onsite training in Kentucky)
Registration: Complete this Green Dot registration<http://stthomasstudentaffai.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9ESGc5qW0ALafIN> form by May 15th.