The Luann Dummer Center for Women addresses the needs and aspirations of women. The center’s educational programs, activities, and resources are available to students, faculty and staff of the university. These services foster the intellectual, spiritual and personal development of women, and promote an open and diverse environment at St. Thomas. By enhancing academic experiences and providing developmental opportunities, the center assists women in achieving their highest potential. As the center fulfills this purpose, it contributes to the entire campus community.
- The center serves as a meeting place for women where they can share their expertise and experience. It provides opportunities for students to interact with women role models. Located in the O'Shaughnessy Educational Center, at the crossroads of campus activity, it offers a supportive environment for women on campus. In the center, issues of equity and diversity can be explored by the entire university community in a spirit of respect and understanding.
- The center collaborates with the Women’s Studies Program and the University Committee on Women. The physical presence of the center on campus and its resources strengthen and focus interest in women's programs and issues at St. Thomas.
- The center houses a variety of selected resources that support the study of women’s issues as well as the interests of individual women.
- The center sponsors the Luann Dummer Lecture Series, which features distinguished women speakers during March, Women's History Month. The lecture series is open to the St. Thomas community and the public.
- The center sponsors a variety of programs that help women develop their intellectual ability and achieve their potential.