Multicultural Bar Reception
Annual event hosted by the Black Law Student Association
Date & Time:
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
University of St. Thomas School of Law
Schulze Grand Atrium
The University of St. Thomas Black Law Student Association (BLSA) will hold its annual Multicultural Bar Reception on Thursday, Nov. 5, from 6-8 p.m. in the Schulze Grand Atrium at the University of St. Thomas School of Law in downtown Minneapolis.
The theme for this year’s reception is, "The Road Less Traveled: Fighting Injustice on the Road to Success."
This year’s panelists are:
- The Honorable Nicole Starr, Second Judicial District Judge for Ramsey County,
- Professor Nekima Levy Pounds, President of the Minneapolis chapter of the NAACP and Director of the University of St. Thomas Community Justice Project, an award winning civil rights legal clinic,
- Gloria Contreras Edin, founder and managing attorney of Contreras Edin & Associates, PLLC,
- Professor Robert Kahn, Associate Professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law, and
- Ellie Krug, the Executive Director of Call for Justice, LLC
The Multicultural Bar Reception is a chance for diverse sections of the bar to gather with law students. This year’s event is co-sponsored by the University of St. Thomas Latino Law Student Association, Asian Pacific American Law Student Association, Out!Law, Women Law Student Association, and Jewish Law Student Association.
There is no cost for the event. Please RSVP by Oct. 23, 2015.
UST School of Law students are encouraged to attend this event with their mentors. The event can be logged as a Wild Card and count as a Distinct Experience.