Who Decides? Picking Judges in the 21st Century
A University of St. Thomas Law Journal symposium presented in partnership with The Infinity Project.
Date & Time:
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
University of St. Thomas School of Law
1101 Harmon Place, Minneapolis
Interactive Map and Driving Directions
CLE application pending
This day-long program will examine the evolving judicial selection process at the state and federal level, and judicial diversity from a wide range of perspectives. The Infinity Project will also name the 2019 recipient of the Judge Diana Murphy Legacy Award.
Speakers will include:
- Linda Greenhouse, Yale Law School
- Brian T. Fitzpatrick, Vanderbilt Law School
- Ilya Shapiro, Cato Institute
- Lena Zwarensteyn, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Tracey George, Vanderbilt Law School
- Lola Velazquez-Aguilu, Medtronic
- Judge Celeste Bremer, U.S. District Court
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
A reception will be held after the event from 3-4 p.m.