Our Admissions Committee thoroughly reviews every application to understand the strengths, skills and unique potential of each prospective student. All information you submit is considered, and we encourage you to be thorough and straight forward. We want to make sure that the University of St. Thomas School of Law is a good fit for you, and that you are a good fit for the School of Law.
You must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher degree to be eligible for admission. Standardized test scores are not required for admission, but you are invited to submit GRE, GMAT, LSAT or MCAT scores to supplement the admissions materials.
A completed application for this program includes:
- an application form,
- official academic transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended,
- two letters of recommendation (no more than four),
- a written response to essay questions posed on the application form, and
- your resume or CV.
Sept. 1: Application available. St. Thomas operates on a rolling admissions basis.
Jan. 1: FAFSA application available. File any time between Jan. 1 and Aug. 1.
April 15: Priority application deadline. (Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis after this deadline, but priority is given to applicants applying by April 15.)
May 15: Priority registration deadline.
July 1: FAFSA priority filing date.
July 15: Final application deadline.
Aug. 20: Orientation week.
Aug. 27: Classes begin.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the online application.
Includes: essays, resume or CV, and any necessary addendums
2. Ask at least two people to submit their recommendations to the Office of Admissions. Use the Letter of Recommendation Form LLM/MSL form provided.
3. Arrange to have official academic transcripts, from all universities attended, sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
Mailing address and contact info:
University of St. Thomas School of Law
Office of Admissions
1000 LaSalle Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2015
(651) 962-4895 or (800) 328-6819 (Ext. 2-4895)