Windows 7 Detailed Instructions
These instructions apply to Windows but using Windows 8 and 10 may require additional steps to access Network and Sharing Center.
1. Go to the Start Menu and Open Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
3. In the left column, click on “Manage wireless networks."
4. Click “Add” to create a new wireless connection.
5. Choose to “Manually create a network profile”
6. Fill in the settings as filled out below and click “Next”.
7. Click on “Change connection settings."
8. Click on the security tab.
9. Verify the settings as the same as below, then click on “Settings.”
10. Uncheck “Validate server certificate”, then click “Configure”.
11. Uncheck box and click “OK”, then click “OK”again.
12. Click on “Advanced Settings”.
13. Check the box for “Specify authentication mode:”, and choose “User or computer authentication”, then “OK”.
14. When Windows specifies that it needs additional information to log onto the network, supply your St. Thomas username and password in the box and click “OK.”
15. You should now be connected.
*If you are unable to connect for some reason, be sure to give detailed instructions on what steps you have taken and what error message or problem you are running into, then call or e-mail the Tech Desk at (651)962-6230 and firstname.lastname@example.org.