ilos Screen Recording
ilos is a web-based screen recording tool that allows you to record high-quality of your screen, webcam and voice for tutorials and presentations.
Although, an ilos video can be viewed on all devices, a screen recording can only be captured on a computer (not on a mobile device such as phone or tablet).
A special thanks to the Opus College of Business for their partnership in providing this service to the university.
Access to students is granted through Blackboard. Students may request access to ilos by contacting their instructor.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Login to Blackboard
- Navigate to your Blackboard course and click on ilos Screen Recorder in the left navigation.
- Click Record to initiate the installation process.
- Click Download to download the file.
- Follow the on screen prompts to install the recorder. Instructions vary depending on the browser you use.
- You will know the installation process is complete when this prompt appears. Click OK.
- Return to Blackboard and click Record again.
- Choose the application (1), click the box to remember the choice for ilos (2), click OK (3).
- The recorder will automatically launch. Arrange the gray recording frame around the area you wish to record.
- Make sure your headset or microphone is unmuted by clicking the microphone button.
- Check that your voice is being recording by watching the icon to see that it is moving and turning blue.
- Click the record button to start recording.
- You can pause the recording at any point (1). If you don’t like the recording, click the trash button (2) to delete the video and start over. When you are finished, click finish recording (3).
- Once you click finish recording (3) your video will automatically upload to the cloud.
- Rename the video by hovering over the temporary title.
- Click the pencil icon to edit.
- Add a descriptive title to your video and click the check mark to save.
- If you would like to be able to return to your video at another time (and be able to change the title), enter your email address in the window.
- Click Permissions.
- Choose Anyone with a link (for most cases).
- Click on the Share Video tab within the Permissions window.
- Copy the Send Link by right clicking on the link, and choosing Copy.
- Return to Blackboard and navigate to the area where you want to share the video (likely a Discussion Board or Assignment).
- Type instructions for your peers and/or instructor. You might give them some a one-sentence overview and then invite them to watch the video.
- Highlight the text you want to display as a link.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link button in the editing bar (looks like chain links).
- Paste the url you copied from ilos into Link Path (1). For Target (2), choose Open in New Window from the drop down menu. For Title (3), type the words you highlighted. Click Insert (4).
- Click Submit to share with your peers and/or instructor.