Software Already Available To You
Audience: Faculty & Staff
You may not know it, but faculty and staff already have a number of software already available to them on their St. Thomas computers.
Before requesting new software, check to see if it is already on your computer or in the self-service app (mac) or software center (pc). If it is, all you need to do is install it! Use the instructions below to add or update your software.
Information Technology Services highly recommends checking these locations each semester to see if new software has been added to the software centers and to take proactive steps to ensure you have the current versions of your software on your work computer.
PC Computers: Software Center
- Click on the Start Menu
- Type Software Center into the search box at the bottom of the menu
- Click on the search result for Software center
- Click on the icon of the software you would like to install.
- Click Install
- Once the installation is complete, please restart your computer
Mac Computers: Self Service app
- Go to your Applications Folder
- Launch the Self Service application
- Find the software you wish to install. Click the icon then click Install.
- At the prompt, click Install.
- Wait for the software to download and install. You can follow the progress at the top of the Self Service window.
- Restart your computer
- Note the new icons in your dock.