Back to School Tech Checklist
Welcome to St. Thomas! We're excited you're here and want to help you make the most of getting connected to technology services so that you can use them to connect with other Tommies.
- Make sure you've claimed your St. Thomas account and setup your password so that you can access all the university systems you'll need
- Read our Residence Halls: What Technology is Available article to learn which devices are approved on campus and what items you should leave at home. This will help with your packing list for college.
- Microsoft Office suite is provided to you for free. Access it from the web or download it on up to 5 personal devices. This is where you'll find your university email too (use the Outlook app). How to install Office 365 on personal devices.
- Students receive a complimentary $32 print credit each term which covers approx. 400 pages of black and white printing. Print directly from any campus computer, from any web browser, or by setting up the PaperCut app to print on your personal laptop. Learn more about printing on campus.
- Need a new computer? Be sure to find deals with major retailers through the Tech Store or use your St. Thomas email for educational discounts when shopping. Mac or PC? It's up to you!
- OneStThomas intranet has all the links to login to university systems. You'll also find univeristy news, events, and ways to get involved here. Learn more about OneStThomas.
- Canvas is the tool where your professors will post their syllabus, assignments, course materials, and more. Be sure to download the mobile app for notifications on the go.
- Explore the Tommie Tech site in Canvas. Tommie Tech will walk you through a high level overview of all the technology systems you'll encounter as a student.
- When you need instructions on how to use a tech service, be sure search the ITS tech knowledge base. If you need additional assistance you can always contact the Tech Desk.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Sign in to the ITS technology knowledge base at services.stthomas.edu with your email@example.com and password to read these articles and find hundreds more.
- Do I need to bring a computer to campus?
- Does St. Thomas offer educational discounts to purchase a new laptop?
- Which wi-fi network do I connect to?
- What technology is available in the Residence Halls?
- Should I bring a printer to campus?
- How do I connect my laptop to a campus printer?