GlobalProtect VPN OSX
Mac OSX 32/64-bit (First Time Use Only on personal computer)
1. Download and install the software for Mac OSX, located here.
**NOTE: Software installation is only necessary on personally owned devices.
UST laptops should have the VPN software pre-installed.
2. Once installed configure the GlobalProtect Application with the following information under the settings tab
- Your UST username
- Your UST password
- Portal: ust-vpn.stthomas.edu
3. Click Apply
If you are on OS X, you should have a little globe in the toolbar at the top of your screen. It has a tiny shield when connected, otherwise it has a red X. To disconnect, you can click the icon (in your active toolbar on the right-hand top corner) and select to disconnect.
In your "Applications" Folder, located "Remote Desktop Connection."
In the Computer box, type the name of the computer that you want to connect to, and then click Connect. (The name of the computer will be the asset number e.g. A000XXXXX).
- Run the initial .pkg file that was used to do the install. This can be download from here.
- Select continue on the introduction page.
- Destination Select->Click 'Install for all users on this computer'-> Continue.
- Uncheck 'GlobalProtect', then check 'Uninstall Global Protect'->Continue.
- Click Install. (Which will un-install instead)
Check the Status tab after clicking on the Global Connect icon in the Menu bar.
There is an idle time out of 2-hours and a session time out of 8-hours. Once disconnected you'll need to reconnect.
No, the installation of the software is a one-time step. Once installed you need only ensure your UST credentials are current and the Portal is properly configured.
Contact the ITS Tech Desk, by phone: (651) 962-6230 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open the GlobalConnect application from the toolbar and choose the Settings tab (if this is not visible, go under View). Delete and enter your new password.