GlobalProtect VPN iOS
iOS (First Time Use Only)
1. Download and install the GlobalProtect VPN software for iOS located here.
2. Configure the GlobalProtect Application with the following information under the settings tab:
- Server: ust-vpn.stthomas.edu
- Your UST username
- Your UST password
3. Click connect
- Launch the GlobalProtect program by clicking on the icon on your iOS device
- Click on the "Portal" tab
- Ensure the portal is set to: ust-vpn.stthomas.edu
- Ensure your UST username is in the username field
- Ensure your current password is entered into the password field
- Click on "Connect" in the Menu Bar after launching the app.
Check the Status tab after clicking on the Global Connect icon in the Menu bar within the app.
- Follow steps to connect to the GlobalProtect VPN
- Launch your Remote Desktop Connection app, if you do not have an application continue to the next step
- There are many options available through the iTunes App Store, but the app IRT recommends is Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Tap on "+" symbol towards the top right hand side of the screen
- Select "Add PC or Server"
- Enter the asset number of the computer you want to access remotely (e.g. A00099999.stthomas.edu)
- Enter your UST username
- Enter your UST password
- Click "Save"
- Launch the connection to connect to your UST computer remotely
- Locate the app on your home screen.
- Press the icon and hold down for a few seconds.
- You will notice the icons will start to "wiggle" and there will be an "X". Press the "X" mark.
- Confirm the deletion by pressing delete.
- Click on the "Home" button.
There is an idle time out of 2-hours and a session time out of 8-hours. Once disconnected you'll need to reconnect.
No, the installation of the software is a one-time step. Once installed you need only ensure your UST credentials are current and the Portal is properly configured.
Contact the ITS Tech Desk, by phone: (651) 962-6230 or by e-mail at: email@example.com.