Global Protect VPN
Faculty and staff can work remotely by using our Virtual Private Network (VPN) called GlobalProtect. The VPN creates a secure, encrypted connection between your computer and the St. Thomas network.
What can I access?
When you are off campus, you can login to the VPN to connect to the following resources:
- On-campus systems such as Banner, Cognos, and Optix
- Remotely access your Windows PC computer on campus
- Connect to the St. Thomas network
Note: Remotely accessing a Mac computer is not possible at this time.
- User must be Faculty or Staff
- Permissions to use the VPN
- Operating System patches up-to date
- An active high speed Internet connection
- Active and up-to date Anti-Virus software on the local computer
- Both computers must be turned on (RDC Only)
- Permission to access the remote computer must be in place on the St. Thomas computer (RDC Only)
First Time Installation
- Permissions: In order to use VPN, you must have the correct permissions to do so, you can request these permissions by filling out the form located below.
- Software and Instructions: Download and install the appropriate version from the list below. Instructions for connecting and disconnecting included.
The VPN is restricted to Faculty and Staff use only, access cannot be granted for student use.
To get started, please submit the following form. Access and permissions can take up to 3 business days.