ilos Screen Recording
NOTE: As of June 2018, ilos will no longer be offered as an enterprise service.
ilos is a web-based screen recording tool that allows you to record high-quality videos of your screen, webcam and voice, or upload previously recorded videos to your account. ilos is available to faculty, staff and students at St. Thomas and can be viewed on any device.
Record. Save. Share.
You can create videos and store them in the cloud to save space on your computer. Share videos easily directly from ilos via a link or embed code into your Blackboard course, email, or another website.
Although, an ilos video can be viewed on all devices, a screen recording can only be captured on a computer (not on a mobile device such as phone or tablet).
A special thanks to the Opus College of Business for their partnership in providing this service to the university.
Request access to ilos
Not only can instructors use ilos to create content, students can also use it for free with the new Blackboard interface!
- Faculty and Staff may request access to ilos by contacting the Tech Desk.
- Students may request access to ilos by contacting their instructor. Access to students is granted through Blackboard.
The ilos tool is accessible by navigating to and logging in with your ilos credentials at: http://ilosvideos.com
Frequently asked Questions
- Login to ilos at http://ilosvideos.com
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner
- Click on Account Settings
- Go to the "Change Password" area to create and confirm a new password
- Click Update Password
Watch a video tutorial through ilos support for further assistance in this process: ilos password tutorial
You may obtain a new password via the ilos login page at: https://app.ilosvideos.com/login
- Click on the "Forgot Password?" link just under the red LOGIN btton.
- Enter your email address and click on "Reset Password".
- You'll receive an email with instructions on resetting your ilos password.
This 2 minute video tutorial by ilos explains how to make a screen recording video.
We recommend using ilos in either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. (Other web browsers such as Safari and Internet Explorer require additional steps and are not always reliable.)
Make sure the microphone on your computer and on the ilos recorder is not muted.
These helpful tips will help troubleshoot issues you may encounter when recording with your webcam.
- Webcam recordings may have out-of-sync audio and video
- Try making the webcam window smaller
- Close all programs other than ilos and the thing you want to record
- Suspend automatic backups
- Close programs that sync to the cloud (and suspend syncing)
- Consider recording with your mobile device and uploading to your ilos account for streaming (note: student guest access does not allow for this)
- Select Permissions below the video you're sharing
- Choose between the viewing options you want
- Click Done
A video tutorial is available for how to set the permissions on your videos.
Types of Permissions
- Anyone with a link: Anyone can see this video if they have the video link or are logged into your organization account
- Only team members on my account: Only people that are logged into your organization's account can see this video
- Only people in specific groups: Only people that are logged into your organization's account and are a part of a specific group can view this video
- Only me: Only you can see this video
- Searchable Yes/No: This setting determines if your video will be searchable within ilos by other team members.*
- Enable comments: Enabling comments allows other ilos users to comment, while disabling them takes the comments section off of the video.
- Show download button for viewers: Selecting this setting allows users to download your shared video
- Require password for video: In addition to the previous 4 options, only people with the password can view this video