Residence Hall Technology
The following technologies and services are available to students living on campus. Navigate the support topics below, and if you need further assistance, please contact the Tech Desk.
What technology can I bring to campus?
The follow are all approved devices for residence hall use:
- Personal laptops / desktops
- Game consoles
- Mobile phones
- Smart TVs
- Wired printers (via USB cord)
Please remember to bring your own cords for your devices to campus. It is recommended to bring an ethernet cord for higher internet speeds in the residence halls.
What technology should I NOT bring?
- Printers - Printing is already provided to students at no additional charge in the residence halls and libraries. If students chose to have a printer in their room, we ask that they bring wired printers rather than wireless.
- Wireless Routers - These damage the strength of the wifi for all users on the network. If you experience slow internet speeds please contact the Tech Desk
- TV Converter Box - If students bring their own TV, they will have access to Cable TV Channels and several HD channels on campus
- Analog Telephones - Phones are already provided to students in several of the residence halls for their use. Students in the residence halls also have a voicemail assigned to their name. Off-Campus students can request long distance calling through UST as well.
My device won't connect to the internet
Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- Restart the device
- Check to make sure all cords are plugged in correctly
- Verify the device is on
- Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
- Verify the network you are attempting to connect to
- Have you checked the Connect to Wireless website for help?
The Tech Desk offers a free walk up help service for all of your devices. Follow the basic troubleshooting tips above. If these are unsuccessful, please bring your device to our help desk.