All institutional purchases of software are managed by IRT. Departments take advantage of price breaks as a result of aggregate buying. University-wide management of software licensing ensures that the university remains in compliance with software copyright laws.
Software for UST computers
Purchasing software (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, FileMaker Pro, etc.) or engaging with online services (e.g., Survey Monkey, AppointmentPlus, etc.) is easy! Just call the Tech Desk at 651-962-6230 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following info:
- The software title (or service) you would like to purchase (or for which you would like to get more information)
- Your budget index number
- The AssetID number of the computer on which you would like the software to be installed.
If you wish to purchase software for your personal use, start by calling the Tech Desk at 651-962-6230 or send a message to email@example.com.. We'll appraise you of low- or zero-cost options.
Software for home computers
Operating Systems for Home Use
- Mac OS X: Go to the App Store on your Mac (find it under the Apple menu on your computer), click in the search field in the upper right hand corner, and type in “Mac OS X.” The first item you see will be a link to the most recent Mac OS upgrade.
- Windows: Windows 7 (64-bit) is available for checkout from OSF or Keffer Library.
- To check out Windows 7 (32-bit), please call the Tech Desk at 651-962-6230 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here.
For Mathematica for faculty and staff only, just go to Faculty/Staff home use. In the space where it asks for the site activation key, enter L3125-9187 and select “A new home-use license”. On the second page, in the “Proof of Eligibility” section, choose the first option (“My status can be verified…”) and enter the following URL:
http://www.stthomas.edu/directories. Complete the process and enjoy the software!
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Faculty and staff can obtain Microsoft Office for Mac or Windows for home use by visiting this page.