Prospective Clients of the Trademark Clinic
Consistent with the mission of the University of St. Thomas Law School and our clinical program, clients of the Trademark Clinic may include nonprofit entities, small businesses, and individuals who could otherwise not afford to protect or defend their trademarks. The costs to the client are USPTO filing fees. Unanticipated administrative costs may be subject to negotiation.
Services Provided by the Clinic
Here are some of the types of matters we may be able to address:
- General advice about making the right decisions about protecting your intellectual property
- Preparing and filing of trademark applications
- Preparing responses to Office Actions from the USPTO
- Appeals to the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Trademark Licensing
*We do not handle patents*
Eligibility for Clinic Assistance
Inquiries for are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Representation depends upon mission and net profit eligibility, education value to students, conflict of interest checks, timing, and capacity. We prioritize enterprises in Minnesota.
If you believe you may qualify and would like to inquire about representation, please complete our Trademark Intake Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your issue is time-sensitive, please continue to seek representation elsewhere, as we cannot guarantee whether we will be able to assist you.