Required Paperwork and Getting Paid

All new student employees, or returning student employees who have not worked on campus in the last 12 months, must complete new hire paperwork. 

New hire paperwork must be completed in the Human Resources Department on or before your first day of work.  The Human Resources Department is located in Aquinas Hall, room 217.  Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

A student may not work or be paid until all of the following are completed:

  • Form I-9- Authorization form used for verifying that you are eligible to work in the United States.
    • To complete this form you will need to show proof of identification and work authorization by providing acceptable documentation.  Please review the List of Acceptable Documents for Form I-9.  All documents must be unexpired and an original or certified copy.  Photo copies and expired documents cannot be accepted.
    • The employment verification documents required for international students vary depending on visa status.  International students should contact the Human Resources Department for a complete list of acceptable documents.
  • Privileged Access and Confidentiality Agreement (PACA) - Confidentiality agreement that all employees must read and sign.
  • W-4 - Withholding Allowance Certificate must be completed for tax purposes.
  • Direct Deposit- sign up for automatic deposit of your paycheck into your checking account.
    • To speed up the process, provide a voided check. 

Once your new hire paperwork has been completed and submitted to Human Resources, you must submit a Student Employment Form.

  • The Student Employment Form creates your job in the system and grants you access to a timesheet.  Without either of these you will not get paid.