Health Insurance for F1 and J1 Students
Health insurance is required of all F-1 and J-1 international students on a St. Thomas I-20 or DS-2019.
Dates and deadlines below are for students new for summer. Insurance information for fall semester will be available in July.
J-1 International and Pathway Program Students
Students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan.
F-1 International Students
Health Insurance Action Required:
- WAIVE the Student Health Insurance Plan
- Students with comparable health insurance coverage may submit a request to waive the St. Thomas-sponsored plan. See Health Insurance Waiver Requirements and Instructions
- The deadline to waive the UnitedHealthcare Plan for spring semester is June 15, 2020. In order to allow time for questions, we strongly encourage you to request your waiver by June 1, 2020.
- ENROLL in the Student Health Insurance Plan
- See Health Insurance Enrollment Instructions
- For students enrolled in the UnitedHealthcare plan through St. Thomas, visits to Health Services are covered 100% (no deductible or co-pay)
- Confirm your enrollment to immediately activate your coverage; if you do not confirm enrollment, your coverage will not be activated until after June 15, 2020
- Once you are enrolled in the plan, there are no refunds
If you have any questions regarding the Health Insurance Plan or waiver process, please the St. Thomas Student Health Insurance Office at 651-962-6752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All claims disputes are between the insured and the insurance company. University of St. Thomas is not responsible for unpaid claims.