If you test positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, you are required to isolate.
Infections happen in only a small proportion of people who are fully vaccinated, even with the Delta variant. However, preliminary evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people who do become infected with the Delta variant can spread the virus to others.
If you test positive for COVID-19, you should:
- Complete the COVID-19 Self-Report Form on the One St. Thomas website
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Avoid contact with roommates and pets
- Wear a cloth face covering when around other people
Remain at your place of residence or a designated isolation/quarantine space on campus for at least:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptom onset and
- At least 24 hours have passed since the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Other symptoms have improved
Additional information may be found on the CDC website.
Managing your health at home
How to prevent the spread