Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics prepares professionals who need to handle the growing demands in analyzing digital healthcare information. This certificate program provides students with essential predicting, visualizing, and evaluating strategies that can improve the quality and safety of healthcare.
The courses in this certificate program require a working knowledge of SQL. Students must demonstrate adequate proficiency in this area or take SEIS 630 as a prerequisite before enrolling in these courses.
To complete the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics, the student must complete four graduate courses (12 graduate semester credits) with at a GPA of 2.7 or better.
NOTE: Students have the option to use the coursework from the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Analytics to continue in a Master of Science degree program offered through the Graduate Programs in Software.
Total number of graduate courses required to complete certificate = 4
Required courses [3 courses]:
• SEIS 631 Foundations of Data Analysis
• SEIS 632 Data Analytics and Visualization
• SEIS 735 Healthcare Analytics
Elective course [choose one]:
• SEIS 732 Data Warehousing
• SEIS 734 Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
• SEIS 737 Big Data Management
• SEIS 763 Machine Learning
• MGMT 630 Healthcare: System Overview
View SEIS Course Catalog.
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally-accredited educational institution in the U.S. (or international equivalent).
- An overall grade-point-average (GPA) of at least 2.7. (Applicants with a GPA less than 2.7 will be considered for provisional admission with their professional experience factored into the decision.)