Mini Master of Information Technology
The world’s most successful companies often have an information technology infrastructure that’s closely aligned with the goals of the business. As more organizations seek this level of perfect business/technology synergy, they’re seeking professionals with up-to-date technical skills, an understanding of systems and software and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate.
In response to to industry's need for skilled IT professionals, this Mini Master of Information Technology covers an overview of cutting edge IT topics. Designed for anyone from any profession who wants a better understanding of the critical topics, current practices and issues in information technology and how these topics impact their organization.
Next scheduled offering: October 9 - 12, 2018.
Register by September 4th to receive $500 off your registration fee with our EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT*!
A Mini Master program consists of easy-to-understand, timely and relevant lectures communicated to you by our University of St. Thomas Graduate Programs in Software faculty and industry experts. It is a non-credit professional development lecture series that earns you CEU's (continuing education units).
Each lecture topic is delivered in three-hours by a different instructor. You will have the opportunity to network with your peers and gain knowledge of a wide variety of industry relevant topics.
We offer our Mini Master’s programs in a week-long format that allows you to add this credential to your resume quickly. At the end of the week, you will receive a certificate of completion with CEU’s earned. And unlike taking a university course, there is no homework or any tests to take. Simply complete your registration and payment, and you will be ready to take your Mini Master’s program.
Participants in this program will:
- Gain an overview of Information Technology topics.
- Expand knowledge of key concepts in Information Technology, including opportunities and trends
- Learn concepts, techniques and methodologies in the field of information technology
Topics covered in the Mini Master of Business Analysis include:
- The Internet of Things
- Data Analytics & Visualization
- Data Mining & Predictive Analysis
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Software Project Management
- Database Management Systems & Design
- DevOps & Modern IT Practices
- Enterprise Architecture
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
- Big Data Management Topics
- IT Outsourcing & Resourcing
The Mini Master of Information Technology is relevant to many business and information technology professionals. Participants who would benefit from this program include:
- Individuals interested in entering the IT field or who are new to their positions and want to increase their knowledge of a wide array of IT topics.
- Managers and leaders who oversee IT in their companies.
- Professionals in any department who desire a deeper understanding of information technology in order to successfully articulate needs to their IT team.
Faculty who will deliver the Mini Master in Big Data include St. Thomas' Graduate Programs in Software faculty and industry experts:
- Jason Baker
- Julie Denning
- Bill Gamble
- Frank Haug
- Chih Lai
- Bill Leonard
- Holly Morris
- Ali Naqvi
- Manjeet Rege
- Ravinder Singh
- Dan Yarmoluk
See Mini Masters Faculty page for full details on the professionals who teach our Mini Master's Programs.
Mini Master of Big Data
*EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register by September 4th and pay only $1995 (get a $500 discount!).
This program is managed by the Graduate Programs in Software at the University of St. Thomas. For questions about this program, please contact Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 or email@example.com.
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials, parking, lunches and refreshments.
- Earns 4.2 CEU's upon successful completion of program. Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are non-credit educational experiences. One CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study.
- Program sessions are held on the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul campus. Ramp parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites or pre-readings to enroll in this non-degree program.
Discounts available for all St. Thomas alumni and current St. Thomas students of degree seeking programs:
Receive 15% off Graduate Programs in Software mini master's programs. To obtain the discount, contact Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 or firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to register and receive this discount.
Please note that discounts can not be combined.
Graduate Software Professional Development Payment and Refund Policy:
The full fee or approved purchase order is due at the time of registration. Registration cannot be processed without payment. Call Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 for information. Substitutions or transfers can be made up to the day of the program. If you need to cancel, please call our office at least five working days before the beginning of the program to avoid a 10 percent processing fee. Cancellations made after the program begins are subject to the full fee.