Mini Master of Big Data
Data can help companies improve their operations and make faster, more intelligent business decisions. However, as the volume of available data increases, it becomes more challenging to capture and manage it. The Mini Master of Big Data lecture series is a response to the expansive growth in data and the corresponding need to store, search, share and analyze massive data sets.
Next scheduled offering: October 1 - 5, 2018.
Register by September 4th to receive $500 off your registration fee with our EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT*!
A Mini Master program consists of easy-to-understand, timely and relevant lectures communicated to you by our University of St. Thomas Graduate Programs in Software faculty and industry experts. It is a non-credit professional development lecture series that earns you CEU's (continuing education units).
Each lecture topic is delivered in three-hours by a different instructor. You will have the opportunity to network with your peers and gain knowledge of a wide variety of industry relevant topics.
We offer our Mini Master’s programs in a week-long format that allows you to add this credential to your resume quickly. At the end of the week, you will receive a certificate of completion with CEU’s earned. And unlike taking a university course, there is no homework or any tests to take. Simply complete your registration and payment, and you will be ready to take your Mini Master’s program.
Participants in this program will:
- Gain an overview of Big Data topics.
- Expand knowledge of key concepts in Big Data, including opportunities and trends
- Learn concepts, techniques and methodologies in the field of data science
Topics covered in the Mini Master of Big Data:
• Database Management Systems & Design
• Deep Learning
• Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
• Data Mining
• Big Data Architecture (not offered June 2018)
• Machine Learning
• Data Visualization
• Statistical Methods for Data Science
• Big Data Management Topics
• Healthcare Analytics
The Mini Master of Big Data is relevant to many business and information technology professionals. Participants who would benefit from this program include:
- Professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of a wide array of data science and big data topics.
- Those in transition in industry or new to the data science profession.
- Managers or team leaders who work on teams responsible for large data sets and are looking for solutions for their organizations.
Faculty who will deliver the Mini Master in Big Data include St. Thomas' Graduate Programs in Software faculty and industry experts:
- Frank Haug
- Chih Lai
- Manjeet Rege
See Mini Masters Faculty page for full details on the professionals who teach our Mini Master's Programs.
Mini Master of Big Data
COST: $2,495 per participant*
*EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register by September 4th and pay only $1995 (get a $500 discount!).
This program is managed by the Graduate Programs in Software at the University of St. Thomas. For questions about this program, please contact Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials, parking, lunches and refreshments.
- Earns 2.7 CEU's upon successful completion of program. Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are non-credit educational experiences. One CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study.
- Program sessions are held on the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul campus. Ramp parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites or pre-readings to enroll in this non-degree program.
Discounts available for all St. Thomas alumni and current St. Thomas students of degree seeking programs:
Receive 15% off Graduate Programs in Software mini master's programs. To obtain the discount, contact Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 or email@example.com for instructions on how to register and receive this discount.
Please note that discounts can not be combined.
Graduate Software Professional Development Payment and Refund Policy:
The full fee or approved purchase order is due at the time of registration. Registration cannot be processed without payment. Call Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 for information. Substitutions or transfers can be made up to the day of the program. If you need to cancel, please call our office at least five working days before the beginning of the program to avoid a 10 percent processing fee. Cancellations made after the program begins are subject to the full fee.