Mini Master of Business Analysis
Designed for professionals wanting to enhance their understanding of the topics related to the roles, responsibilities, and skills necessary to be an effective business analyst or project manager.
The Mini Master of Business Analysis is designed for professionals who want to enhance their understanding of the role an analyst plays in bridging the gap between business and technology. The program highlights many of the topics taught in the Graduate Programs in Software's graduate-level courses, including how to identify and articulate a business need and find an appropriate IT solution.
Next scheduled offering: October 1 - 5, 2018.
Register by September 4th to receive $500 off your registration fee with our EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT*!
A Mini Master program consists of easy-to-understand, timely and relevant lectures communicated to you by our University of St. Thomas Graduate Programs in Software faculty and industry experts. It is a non-credit professional development lecture series that earns you CEU's (continuing education units).
Each lecture topic is delivered in three-hours by a different instructor. You will have the opportunity to network with your peers and gain knowledge of a wide variety of industry relevant topics.
We offer our Mini Master’s programs in a week-long format that allows you to add this credential to your resume quickly. At the end of the week, you will receive a certificate of completion with CEU’s earned. And unlike taking a university course, there is no homework or any tests to take. Simply complete your registration and payment, and you will be ready to take your Mini Master’s program.
Participants in this program will:
- Gain an overview of Business Analysis topics.
- Learn about the role an analyst plays within an organization
- Learn key concepts, techniques and methodologies that ensure success in improving how organizations do business.
- Increase their ability to bring new ideas, insights and technologies to their organizations that may improve their performance and results.
Topics covered in the Mini Master of Business Analysis include:
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Problem Statement Definition through Delivery
- Effective Modeling that Drives Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Leadership
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Software Project Management
- Database Management Systems & Design
- DevOps & Modern IT Practices
- Software Quality Assurance
- Enterprise Architecture
- Decision Support
The Mini Master of Business Analysis is relevant to many business and information technology professionals. Participants who would benefit from this program include:
- Those needing to gain a better understanding of data development, architecture & storage.
- Individuals interested in entering the field or who are new to their positions as business analysts, systems analysts, project analysts, project managers, software engineers or quality assurance specialists.
- Managers and leaders who oversee business analysis or technology solutions.
- Professionals in any department who desire to communicate better with an information technology team.
Faculty who will deliver the Mini Master in Business Analysis include St. Thomas' Graduate Programs in Software faculty and industry experts:
- Jason Baker
- Julie Denning
- Bill Gamble
- Michaele Gardner
- Chih Lai
- Bill Leonard
- Lynn Moline
- Ali Naqvi
- Manjeet Rege
See Mini Masters Faculty page for full details on the professionals who teach our Mini Master's Programs.
Mini Master of Business Analysis
COST: $2,495 per participant*
*EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register by September 4th and pay only $1995 (get a $500 discount!).
This program is managed by the Graduate Programs in Software at the University of St. Thomas. For questions about this program, please contact Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 or email@example.com.
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials, parking, lunches and refreshments.
- Earns 3.6 CEU's upon successful completion of program. Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are non-credit educational experiences. One CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study.
- Program sessions are held on the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul campus. Ramp parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites or pre-readings to enroll in this non-degree program.
Discounts available for all St. Thomas alumni and current St. Thomas students of degree seeking programs:
Receive 15% off Graduate Programs in Software mini master's programs. To obtain the discount, contact Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 or firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to register and receive this discount.
Please note that discounts can not be combined.
Graduate Software Professional Development Payment and Refund Policy:
The full fee or approved purchase order is due at the time of registration. Registration cannot be processed without payment. Call Tina Hansen at (651) 962-5755 for information. Substitutions or transfers can be made up to the day of the program. If you need to cancel, please call our office at least five working days before the beginning of the program to avoid a 10 percent processing fee. Cancellations made after the program begins are subject to the full fee.