Newly Admitted Graduate Students - Next Steps
Welcome to the University of St. Thomas!
Congratulations on your admission to the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering – Graduate Programs in Software!
Complete the Intent to Enroll/Information Form accessed from the Next Steps screen of your online application. This will inform the Graduate Programs in Software staff you will enroll next term as a new student. You will need your UST student ID number in order to complete this form.
After we receive the Intent to Enroll form, you will be contacted by Graduate Programs in Software staff with instructions regarding claiming your student account, course registration, and other important next steps.
Reach out to your academic advisor. Your advisor will work with you as you move through the program, helping you build your personalized degree plan. Your advisor is your first point of contact for any questions or concerns regarding courses during your time as a student.
Please RSVP for New Student Orientation. Held just prior to the start of the fall, spring and summer semesters, all new students are expected to attend. At the event, you will have a chance to meet and network with fellow incoming students, as well as faculty and program administrators.
- Get your UST ID card from the Card Office, located in Murray-Herrick Campus Center (MHC) Room 101.
- Purchase your textbooks: online (please check the UST Bookstore site for the correct ISBN to ensure you have the correct versions) OR visit the St. Thomas Bookstore located on the north end, lower level of Murray-Herrick Campus Center .
- If you plan to park on campus, you will need a parking permit. (NOTE: Parking is free during Summer session.) To purchase your parking permit you first need to register your vehicle through Murphy Online and then get your parking permit at Parking Services at Murray Herrick Campus Center Room 106 between 8am – 4:30pm, Mon. – Fri. Please note - you must receive e-mail confirmation confirming your class registration before you are able to login to Murphy Online.
Complete the required sexual misconduct prevention training, Not Anymore, through Murphy Online. This is a video-based program that should take you 45-60 minutes to complete. Log in to Murphy Online, click on “Student Services,” and select “Sexual Misconduct Required Training.” All current and incoming graduate and undergraduate students are required to complete this training.
Immunization: While immunization information is no longer required for graduate/professional students, UST Health Services encourages students to provide this information. After you have received confirmation of your registration from the Graduate Programs in Software department, you may enter your immunization information online through myHealthPortal
Health Insurance: View health insurance requirements at http://www.stthomas.edu/healthservices/insurance/
For further information please visit UST Health Services: http://www.stthomas.edu/healthservices/ . If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact Health Services at 651-962-6750.
- See Murphy Online for latest course updates including class locations: https://banner.stthomas.edu and select “Searchable Class Schedule”, Subject: SEIS
- Graduate Financial Aid: http://www.stthomas.edu/financialaid/graduate/
- Student Loan Deferment Process Instructions: UST participates in the National Student Loan Clearinghouse which maintains an electronic file on the status of each student enrolled in classes. Please read this information. Your forms can be submitted to the Graduate Engineering office but they will be forwarded to the Registrar's office for processing. All deferment forms are forwarded to the Clearinghouse. The University does not send forms directly to the lending agencies.
- St. Thomas St. Paul campus map: http://www.stthomas.edu/campusmaps/stpaul/
- UST St. Paul Campus Resources: List of helpful links to various university offices and their contact information.
- Graduate Student Resources Web Site: http://www.stthomas.edu/studentaffairs/graduatestudentresources/ Contains pages of information on graduate student services, academic resources, and both on and off campus resources.
- Information Resources and Technology – Student Computing: UST NetID, E-mail account setup, etc.: http://www.stthomas.edu/irt/students/
- Order for Non-Disclosure of Student Directory Information (Optional) This form is not required to register for classes and you should consider carefully the consequences of filing this order. To withhold directory information, the student must sign and return this form to the Graduate Programs in Engineering office.
- **International Students**: Questions about OPT and CPT? For further information, please contact the Office of International Student Services at email@example.com
Mailing and contact information:
Graduate Programs in Software
University of St. Thomas
Mail Stop OSS 301
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1079