GPS Computing Resources, Labs and Classrooms
Computer Labs and Classrooms
- Research Labs - OSS 229 and OSS 334
- Tiered Classroom - OSS 313
- Main Computer Lab - OSS 327
- Seminar Room - OSS 329
- Computer Classrooms - OSS 325, OSS 326, OSS 328, OSS 333 and BINZ LL02
Our modern computer classrooms are equipped with ceiling mounted LCD projectors, comfortable tables and chairs, and new computer systems, which we replace every four years. In addition to GPS department resources, our graduate students also have access to hundreds of PCs located in the undergraduate Computer Science Labs (4th floor) and in the lower level of the Library (“InfoCommons”).
The Main GPS Computer Lab, OSS 327, is staffed during Fall and Spring Semester as follows (excluding school holidays):
Mondays – Fridays (Noon-11pm) Saturdays (8am-11pm) Sundays (10am-11pm)
Other computing resources available to our students include:
- Access to online databases via the Library’s website, at http://www.stthomas.edu/libraries/
- An electronic Blackboard site for each course ( http://blackboard.stthomas.edu)
- 1 TB of cloud storage per student
- An Office 365 email account, with 50 GB of message storage space per student
- Wireless network access on campus.
- Free software, via Microsoft DreamSpark Premium, as well as Office 2016, and more.
For additional campus resources, see: http://www.stthomas.edu/its
Information is subject to change: For the latest information on our currently available computing resources and software packages, please contact GPS Lab Manager, Tim Fremouw at email@example.com .