Make a gift to St. Thomas in honor of your 40-year reunion!
Reunion years are a wonderful opportunity to make a special celebratory gift to St. Thomas. Whether you give to the Annual Fund, our class scholarship or another area on campus, all contributions count toward our class gift total which will be announced on reunion weekend. Gifts must be made before September 30, 2016 to be counted. Let’s work together to make a significant impact!
Our goals for this reunion year are to have 100 donors (30% participation) and raise $100,000.
The table below shows our progress to date.
Sept 30, 2016
July '15 - Sept '16
|Annual Giving||$ 5,340|
|Total Giving**||$100,000||$ 84,709|
* Indicates the number of class members for whom we have valid contact information.
** Total Giving includes household giving, outright gifts, pledge payments and employer matches.
Our Class Scholarship
As part of reunion activities in past years, the class of 1976 endowed a scholarship that has since helped students to make the most of a wonderful opportunity to attend St. Thomas. Below is a note of gratitude from a recent recipient.
“I would like to extend my gratitude for receiving the Class of 1976 Endowed Scholarship to put towards my study abroad trip through the University of St. Thomas.
… I am currently a junior majoring in Biochemisty and minoring in Business Administration. I played basketball for the Women's Basketball team my first two years in which we advanced to the NCAA Division III tournament. After graduating, I plan on enrolling in a Pharmacy program to obtain my Doctor of Pharmacy degree. I currently work at Children's Hospital and Clinics in St. Paul, Minn. as a Certified Pharmacy Technician pursuing my professional aspirations.
As this endowed scholarship increases in size with additional annual contributions as well as investment income, more Tommies will benefit from the generosity of alumni of the class of 1976. Alumni know firsthand the value of a St. Thomas education, and the university's goal is to put that opportunity within reach for all academically qualified students. Reunion giving helps the effort!
Our Class of 1976 Scholarship is awarded by the following criteria:
- The purpose of this scholarship is to enable students to study abroad who otherwise would not be able to afford such a unique educational experience.
- The intent of the award is to help students pay their tuition while studying abroad.
- Recipients should demonstrate need as determined by the Financial Aid Office and/or recommended by the Director of International Studies.
- Awards will be in the range of $2,000 to $4,000. The number of awards will only be limited by the amount available from the spending policy.
- Recipients must be in good standing with the university and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Students who currently are in their sophomore, junior, or senior year are eligible.
- This is for first time study abroad participants who demonstrate merit to the Director of International Studies.
The Class of 1976 Scholarship has a balance* of $43,076.19 and has awarded $4,700 to eight students in the last five years.
*Balance as of 7/1/2015. This fund is not fully endowed.
Visit the Class of 1976 Reunion Homepage
Our Class Agents
Class Agents lead the fundraising for our class by keeping in touch with classmates, asking them to support St. Thomas, and thanking them for their gifts. Our Class Agents are:
- Steve Rukavina
- John Nalbor
- John Hickey
- Ed O’Rourke
We are looking for additional individuals who will serve as Class Agents. If you are interested in becoming a Class Agent, you can learn more about the Class Agent Program and contact Tim Fischer at (651) 962-6978.