The Parent Network committee serves the University of St. Thomas and the parents of current students by facilitating communication about upcoming events and campus happenings and increasing parent engagement with St. Thomas by hosting volunteer activities on campus.
Parent Network volunteers do a variety of things:
- Represent the Parent Network at the new student/parent orientation and registration receptions.
- Participate in the “welcome calling” campaign to parents of freshmen.
- Assist incoming freshmen on move-in weekend.
- Help at the Parent Network during Family Weekend in October.
- Participate in fundraising for the Parent Network Annual Scholarship.
Committee leaders are given additional opportunities through the following commitments:
- Manage volunteers on the Parent Network Committee.
- Mentor new parent volunteers.
- Help identify and recruit new parent volunteers.
The time commitment can be as much or as little as you want! Committee meetings are held twice a year (typically in the fall and spring). For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (651) 962-6430.