Information Regarding Special Circumstances
Please complete the appropriate Special Circumstance Application to inform the Financial Aid Office of changes to your family's financial situation or household size that impact your ability to pay educational expenses.
Special circumstances, if accepted, may result in an increase in need-based loans, student employment, or in certain cases, additional grant assistance. Typically processing time for a special circumstance application is 2-4 weeks from the time all required documentation is received.
Special Circumstance Application for Dependent Students
Student who are required to provide parental information on the FAFSA are considered dependent for purposes of financial aid.
Download the 2015-16 Special Circumstance Application for Dependent Undergraduate Students
Special Circumstance Application for Independent Students
Students who are not required to provide parental information on the FAFSA are considered independent for purposes of financial aid.
Download the 2015-16 Special Circumstance Application for Independent Undergraduate Students
Acceptable reasons to file a Special Circumstance Application include:
- Death or disability of a parent or spouse since filing the FAFSA
- Divorce or separation of parent or student since filing the FAFSA
- Medical, dental, or dependent care expenses not reimbursed by insurance or by an employer's pre-tax cafeteria plan
- Loss child support and/or taxable Social Security benefits
- Business or farm closed due to bankruptcy, foreclosure, or natural disaster
- Private high school, junior high, or elementary tuition expenses for other family members
- Parents' or spouse's personal college loan payments
- Parent(s) enrolled in college in 2014 or 2015 and paying out-of-pocket college tuition