MN Teacher Candidate Grant
The Minnesota Teacher Candidate Grant provides postsecondary financial assistance to eligible students enrolled in Minnesota teacher preparation programs during one term in which the student is completing a required 12-week or more student teaching experience.
Who is eligible?
In general, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible Minnesota college or university in an eligible teacher preparation program that requires at least 12 weeks of student teaching in order for the teacher candidate to be recommended for a full professional teaching license;
- Intend to teach in an identified license field or geographical shortage area or belong to a racial or ethnic group underrepresented in the Minnesota teacher workforce;
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act application for the aid year; and
- Demonstrate financial need.
On a funds available basis, selected undergraduate and graduate students may receive awards of up to $7,500 for one term.
Submit the following items to the Financial Aid Office for completion:
- Minnesota Teacher Candidate Grant Checklist
- Minnesota Teacher Candidate Application (with the Student Section complete)
- Minnesota Residency Verification Form
Visit the Minnesota Office of Higher Education website for more information.