University of St. Thomas School Code for the FAFSA: 002345
Priority FAFSA filing dates
Fall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Summer Semester: April 1
Applications received after the priority date will continue to be awarded and processed. Finance charges will not be waived for applicants who miss the priority filing dates or who do not promptly return their Notification of Award Response form.
Types of financial aid available
- Federal Direct Loans (degree seeking students only)
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans (degree seeking students only)
- Private Educational Loans
- Graduate department grants, assistantships, scholarships
(usually awarded by your academic department)
Note: Graduate students are not eligible for Pell Grants, Minnesota State Grants or most other types of grant funds awarded to undergraduate students.
Basic eligibility criteria
- Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or other category of eligible non-citizen.
- Not be in default on a prior Federal Education Loan or owe a refund of a prior federal grant.
- If male, have registered with the Selective Service Administration before the age of 26.
- If convicted of a prior drug offense, not have been restricted from receiving federal assistance.
- Be admitted as a regular degree-seeking and enroll in an eligible University of St. Thomas program located at an eligible site.
- Be enrolled at least half-time.
- Be meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy standards for your chosen program.