Did you know @ UST Libraries?
“New RefWorks” at the Library
UST Librarians will begin teaching to New RefWorks this fall, and we’re happy to report that although it looks a bit different, it still has all of the functionality of Legacy RefWorks – just stepped up a level to catch up with the needs and expectations of present-day users! It still allows users to:
- Create a personal database online where you can store an unlimited amounts of references that are, accessible from any computer without having to download or install any software
- Import references automatically from a wide variety of databases.
- Organize references so that you can sort and search your stored references quickly and easily.
- Format bibliographies and manuscripts
- Attach files to your citations (100MB of file storage for attaching files at up to 5MB each)
But New RefWorks has a much more intuitive design, and it has added features that allow
- auto-completion of references and suggestions from Summon,
- saving pages from the web and popular research websites with the click of a button
- Automatic recognition of document uploads
- Enhanced collaboration, sharing, and annotation features
- A Google Doc add-in!
If you are not in the middle of a major project and have a few minutes, it’s the perfect time to migrate to the New Refworks!
To upgrade from Legacy RefWorks, simply, Log In to RefWorks, click the link at the top of the screen that says “move to the newest version of RefWorks,” and follow the on-screen prompts to compete your account setup. Once finished, be sure to log out of your Legacy account one last time to complete activation.