Lunch and Learn: In Classroom Response to Bias Incidents
We have heard from faculty that in the classroom it is often difficult to address bias incidents like the one that occurred last Wednesday - but we know how important it is to do that for our students and our community.
In response to this, we are hosting two sessions specifically focused on how to address bias incidents. These sessions will include time to:
- Acknowledge the impact these events have on us
- Understand specific strategies to use in the classroom
- Develop your own plan for your classroom, with input from others
- Tuesday (9/17) from noon to 1 pm in Murray Herrick 202
- Thursday (9/26) from noon to 1 pm in TMH 350
- Bring your own lunch - Snacks will be provided
No registration necessary. If you would like to zoom in, please contact Dr. Liz Welsh. Stay tuned for more Faculty Development and Advancement opportunities.
Dr. Bryana French (DEI Fellow)
Dr. Ann Johnson (Associate Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement)
Dr. Nakeisha Lewis (DEI Fellow)
Dr. Liz Welsh (Director of the Faculty Development Center)