Diversity and Inclusion Resources
As a member of our campus community these video resources from Magna and Lynda.com are available at no cost to you. For more resources on diversity, inclusion and equity, see our pages on discussing controversial issues in class and and building an inclusive classroom.
Magna 20-Minute Videos
Note: If you're off campus you'll be asked to enter your St. Thomas username and password via the St. Thomas Libraries EZProxy.
- How Can I Resolve Difficult Situations in the Classroom? Learn to recognize microaggressions and bullying in the online classroom and explore a strategy to effectively address these issues if and when they arise.
- How Do I Promote Civil and Thoughtful Engagement in the Classroom? 15 proven, practical, and action-oriented tips for engaging students and establishing exciting, positive learning environments.
Please follow this link from ITS on how to access your Lynda.com subscription.
- Unconscious Bias - Diversity expert Stacey Gordon helps you recognize and acknowledge your own biases so that you can identify them when making decisions, and prevent yourself from making calls based on a biased viewpoint. Stacey explains some of the most common forms that a bias takes: affinity bias, halo bias, perception bias, and confirmation bias. She helps you recognize the negative effects of bias within your organization, as well as the benefits to be realized by uncovering bias in decision-making processes. Finally, she outlines strategies for overcoming personal and organizational bias.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging - In this course, explore the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIBs) approach, and discover how to activate it in your organization. Join HR luminary Pat Wadors as she explains how to drive the conversation on DIBs, hire and retain diverse talent, listen to your employees, and integrate DIBs into your employee lifecycle.
- Confronting Bias: Thriving Across Our Differences - Arianna Huffington and Verna Myers discuss the impact of our cultural lens on our daily relations and how to counter bias in our words and actions.
- Managing Diversity - Using real case studies and examples, HR consultant Catherine Mattice helps you create a strategic plan to support diversity and inclusion in your workplace and manage a diverse workforce. She outlines a process for creating a strategic plan and benchmarks for success.