Team-Based Learning: A Transformative Strategy for Your Courses
Take part of your study day to explore team-based learning and how to harness the power of highly effective teams of students for broader, deeper and longer lasting learning gains.
Date & Time:
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
St. Paul Campus
In this half-day workshop led by Dr. David Matthes from the University of Minnesota, you will explore what a team-based learning (TBL) course looks like and how TBL strategies harness the power of highly effective teams of students for broader, deeper and longer lasting learning gains. This workshop is open to all St. Thomas faculty.
Specifically, in this workshop you will:
- learn the elements of an effective team-based learning course
- make the specific changes in a syllabus that would make your course truly TBL
- customize organizational templates for use in a TBL version of your course
- design an activity that would be suitable for your team-based learning course
- understand how team-based learning is an ideal strategy for flipped courses.
Dr. Matthes will provide individual feedback on your syllabus revision and activity ideas as well as answers to any questions you may have about team-based learning's application in diverse educational contexts.