Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate
Achieve operational excellence with six sigma principles
Six Sigma is a tried and true methodology used by today’s top companies to improve manufacturing processes, reduce variability and ensure quality management. As a result, companies attain measurable improvements and quantifiable increases in revenue.
The University of St. Thomas’ Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate is perfect for those professionals who are new to the world of Six Sigma and need foundational knowledge of the concepts such as how to:
- Identify processes that need improvements
- Reduce variability to increase overall quality
- Gain the ability to make insightful contributions and work alongside Six Sigma Green and Black belt team members
- Employ numerous process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model
- Learn methods for both qualitative and quantitative analysis of processes
- Get familiar with Six Sigma tools, techniques and practices to reduce costs and improve quality
System Maintenance Outage Notice: Our registration system is being updated as part of the development of our new website.
There may be intermittent outages where the Upcoming Dates & Registration button below will not function correctly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you are unable to register, please feel free to call us at 651-962-4600 or complete the form on the right (below on mobile) with a note to let you know when registration is available. If you are looking for upcoming program schedules, an alternative option is to view our upcoming programs list. Thank you for your patience.
Learn basic principles such as assisting in data collection, data analysis and process mapping. Other topics covered include:
- Introduction to Six Sigma and continuous process improvement
- The relationship between lean and Six Sigma and how they mutually create the Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Fundamental Six Sigma tools and their applications:
- Pareto diagrams
- Data-check sheets
- Line plots
- Process maps
- Cause and effect diagrams
- Core statistical Six Sigma principles and concepts
- Potential barriers to success with quality management systems
Whether you’re an entry-level employee or a manufacturing executive with many years of experience under your “belt,” this certificate program is for anyone who requires an overview of Six Sigma and DMAIC objectives and basic tools of process improvement.
Participant titles and job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Operations Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- General Manager
- Director of Operational Excellence
- Functional Project Lead
- Senior Project Manager
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Warehouse operations manager
- Project Engineer
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Business Process Manager
- Lead Analyst/Project Manager
- Business Process Improvement Consultant
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Individuals looking to advance in their careers or those making a career change
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
Currently an independent consultant based in Minneapolis, Susan works with companies to increase business profitability and to enhance organizational problem solving. She previously worked for 3M in a variety of management positions, where her responsibilities included launching Optimized Operations, and later eBusiness, for Milan-based 3M Italy. As 3M’s Paris-based European Deployment Manager she later launched Six Sigma for 3M in Europe. She also served as a manager for Market Development and Strategic Accounts for 3M Library Systems. She has led teams improving processes in manufacturing, procurement, global supply chains, sales and marketing, and new product development working for more than 20 3M businesses, plus customers and suppliers.
Additionally, she has led projects in the US, Italy, France, Germany, and Belgium, as well as pan-European and global projects and teams. She has designed and managed training in process improvement, change management, and Six Sigma across eight countries, with participants from all over the world. Susan earned a B.S. in Mathematics from the College of William and Mary in Virginia, and a M.S. in Industrial and Management Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY.
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why Choose Six Sigma Yellow Belt?
- Introduce yourself to the Six Sigma process. A one-day investment that provides the foundation of Six Sigma methodology and can help determine if you wish to pursue a career in Six Sigma.
- Become more effective on Six Sigma projects. Understand the terms and processes used by Green Belts & Black Belts and provide better input as a team member.
- Earn a Certification. Receive a certificate of Six Sigma Yellow Belt to move your career to the next level.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.